Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Something New Everyday

It seems like these days, Ethan is doing something new everyday whether it be trying a new food, going new places, playing, talking, or even sleeping. Things are happening so fast, it's hard to keep up. Let's see...

(April 28) Ethan had is first chiropractic adjustment (for reflux and sinusitis). Definitely has worked for the reflux. Which...in turn cut down on his fussiness.
Ethan can clap his hands. He's been doing this for awhile. He'll do it on cue and just for no reason sometimes.

A couple weeks ago, Ethan taught himself how to crawl on top of our stone hearth (sp?) which is about 12 inches high. I think it took him about 1/2 a day of trying before he finally got it. But once he was successful, he became a master. In order to keep Ethan off of it, we actually rearranged our living room so that our love seat is directly in front of the fireplace.

He knows what a ball is...from as small as a golf ball to as big as a beach ball. And, he LOVES to throw them. When he sees any of the various balls he's acquired, he says, "Baw".

He also knows monkey and duck. No - he cannot say monkey or duck. But if I say, "Ethan, where's your monkey?" He'll crawl straight to this stuffed monkey. Same thing for his little rubber duck.

LOVES to push toys across the floor -mostly his little matchbox car at home and at school, a dump truck. It's so amazing to me how he knows that's how you play w/ those type toys.
Did I mention that Ethan holds everything in his left hand? He even throws his ball w/ his left hand. I've been told that nothing can really be said for that at this age, but....when we put toys in his right hand, he switches it to his left. My mama is a lefty, and there's nothing wrong w/ her :)

He went to his first birthday party on May 2nd (Cousin Lindsey's). It was a Hawaiian Luau.

He had his first 4-wheeler ride on May 9th. He actually rode two 4-wheelers that day. The first was w/ Mr. Billy Brookins, and the second was with his daddy (at Michael's 16th Birthday party).

Ethan also got on an adult horse that very same day (May 9th). My sister's house lent a lot of firsts for Ethan.

At Brinley's 1st Birthday, Ethan slid on the jumbhouse slide.

May 16th - Ethan had his first taste of hotdog.
This will be the first week that Ethan has eaten the daycare lunch every day. And, he's weened himself off of his lunchtime formula this week.

And...Sunday night (May 17th) Ethan decided that he no longer wants me to rock him to sleep. He doesn't want me to lay him down in his bed to fall asleep either. What does he want, you ask? He likes for me and him to lay in our bed, and he drifts off to sleep in a few short minutes. It's kind of sweet. I enjoy it. Once he's good and fast asleep, I move him to his bed.

Ethan has been exceptionally tired here lately as well. Where his bedtime had drifted to about 8:15pm. It's been 7:15/7:30 the past few nights. My baby still has no teeth. So, maybe he's cutting one now. I dont know. That's the only thing I can come up w/ to explain the extra sleepiness.
I really should have typed this in chronological order, but as scattered as my brain is, I'm doing good to even remember all of it. I'm sure I've left something out.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

wow that IS a lot of firsts! i loveeee the picture of ethan on the slide!!