Saturday, June 27, 2009

I'm Going to Miss that Gummy Smile

FINALLY!!!

Ethan's 1st tooth is coming in. I know hygentically or dentally (however you want to say it), that research shows the later children's teeth do come in, the healthier their teeth are. Supposedly, they are stronger and will have less cavaties. So, I am very thankful for that. But it was seeming like forever compared to all the other children his age. He was the only one without any teeth.

I guess everything is bitter sweet. Because there's a side of me that is sad. I'm going to miss that gummy smile. Just another sign of he's getting older. Yes, I know. They are supposed to get older. I just wish time could slow down just a little bit. I don't feel as though I am capturing every little moment like I had hoped to do.

It's kind of an ironic story as to how I even noticed his first tooth. He was taking a bath Wednesday night (June 24th), and poor thing, as I was getting some more of his bodywash to shampoo his hair, the bottle slipped out of my hand and fell, barely knicking him on the back of his shoulder. It was enough that he cried pretty intensely. I felt really bad, but then the guilt was quickly replaced with joy when I saw that hint of white sticking out of his gum. That's about the only time we get to see his tooth...that is...when he's crying. Therefore, it's extremely hard to get a picture. Hopefully, I'll be able to get one soon so that I can post it.

No comments: