Thursday, June 25, 2009

No Stoppin' Him Now

Ethan is walking. And, he's very good at it. Sajid and I often talk about how crazy it is, that Ethan now walks where he wants to go instead of crawling. I mean he prefers walking...like he's been doing it all his life. It's just funny how babies transition from stage to stage with no sort of amazement or even acknowledgement of their new accomplishements.

I should be ashamed of myself because I can't remember the exact date that Ethan took his first step. I think it was some where around June 4th or 9th. He walked the fartherest (across our living room floor) on June 16th. He's still a little wobbly at times, but he can walk from our living room into our kitchen then to the dining room and back to the living room.

The most amazing thing was last night (Wednesday, June 24th). Immediately after finishing his bottle, he wiggled his way out of Sajid's lap and walked into our bedroom (by way of the bathroom) and went straight to the bed. I put him in our bed, laid down w/ him. He flipped through his "Courdoroy" book a couple times, then laid down. For some reason, though, he ended up crawling on me to finally go to sleep. Most nights he doesn't want to be touched. He just wants me in the bed, but no snuggling. Anyway, I thought it was pretty cool that when he was tired, he walked to the bed and with no hassle at all, went to sleep.

No comments: