Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Random "Firsts"

Ethan's had quite a few "firsts" here lately. So many that it is hard to capture all of them...especially on camera or video.

(Oh my! I am about to be really frustrated.) I was about to post a really cute picture of Ethan eating his first blowpop at a softball game (May 30th). BUT...for some reason a nice big gray block has just overtaken the one picture that we have of that "first" moment. Urgh!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will have to keep trying to restore this picture. Hopefully, my mama has a copy on her computer. Keep your fingers crossed.
(July 2, 2009) Look what I came across...on my work computer. YAY!!!
________________________________
(June 1) Ethan received his first bite from another child at daycare, 'lil miss Riley. He's so tough though that his teachers didn't even know it. I noticed a mark on his left arm as I was getting him out of his car seat last Monday. I wasn't totally sure what it was. As we were visiting our neighbors house, I had Mrs. Sally look it, and she quickly confirmed that it was a bite mark. This all was a little bit funny to me so please don't think I am complaining about of this.

The next day I told Ethan's teachers that we thought he had been bitten, and they said that they would review the video tapes (Ahh - the benefits of daycare). BUT they really didn't think Ethan had been bit b/c he would have cried. Huh - Ethan cry? My gut instinct was that he probably just smacked the other kid (only b/c he's notorious for smacking people in the face...not sure where you got this from). Anyway. The video tape confirmed that: Riley bit Ethan, he pushed her off of him, and just crawled away.

Well, Ethan made it known the other 2 times last week that he was bit. Yep. You got it. He was bit 3 times in one week. One day I think every child had been bitten.

What's a little humorous now is that Ethan has been caught trying to bite......and he has NO TEETH! I think one day he gave a kid a hicky trying to bite him. I know. I know. It's funny now, but it won't be after his teeth come in.
__________________________________





Helping "Momma" do the dishes. He climbs up there by himself.









Eating a pickle. This is a "Whatley thang". (June 5)






Climbed in rocking chair all by himself. (June 6)


1 comment:

Courtney said...

Amy Ethan is getting so big! He looks like a big boy in that dishwasher.